Monday, October 1, 2007

Bellingham hurt us



On Saturday the squad trooped 88 miles North to picturesque Bellingham, Washington, neighbor to Canada. And home to a really big college. Our goal: Concert performance at really big college.

There was an amazing wooden statue in the corner of the dressing room. Chris was sure the model was a relative of mine. After some side by side comparisons I was forced to agree, although how he was able to keep his shoulders that square for the whole sitting is beyond me.

I don't know why this picture won't load upright....I am not going to let it ruin my day, it'll just be sideways until my tech dept. can get things shipshape.

Anyways, I took a bunch of pictures, and had STEF Rider video the show, so maybe that will make an appearance....but I missed the main documentation opportunity of the evening right after the set, when both Chris and Andrew cam back bleeding profusely from their respective left shins. I guess there was a protuberance on some weird part of the barricade, and when the fellows jumped out into the crowd at the end, POW. Chris actually had a hole in his leg, and eventually went to the ER for some stitches. The Kaiser elected to self medicate, and I got to help him, at an old favorite of ours, the RANCH ROOM (not the Royal Room which is a little tiny dive-y club we played our first B'ham gig ever at)......I got a snapshot of some of the medication here...Check out the totally gangsta-style c-note....I would like to add that neither one of us likes Jagermeister at all normally...not sure who's fault this round was, for sure one of our B'ham friends...possibly Kaiser's buddy GONZO who I kept calling GOMEZ for some reason.

In any case, it's clear to me I need to develop better camera instincts.....because Chris's wound was SPECTACULAR....

NEWS FLASH! Chris just came over for a meeting here at my pplace, and has volunteered to pose for a post-stitches photo-op.Not as incredible as when the blood was spurting, Monty Python-style, but you get the idea.


4 comments:

Stef said...

what the hell, jason?!? since when has my name EVER been spelled with a "ph"?? i am soooo disappointed in you right now.

but those jager shots were terrible. and i do believe we were in the RANCH ROOM, not the royal room. the royal is where you guys played 2 years ago. only time i've ever set foot in there...

wish i would have known sooner about the terrible flesh wounds inflicted upon your bandmates, i might have come back a little sooner to document it for you... those are the good times, right there. the epic memories of rok and roll injuries... i, for one, am no stranger to that...

Finn said...

Ranch Room....right. Ok Ok....STEF. I know all this...the initern is supposed to fact check all this stuff. Fricken intern!

Arlo said...

Ouch!!

whatajoy76 said...

Yeah but ... HOW can you NOT like Jagermeister? I've been known to drink enough Jager to drown a small army of midgets ... or little people. Whatever. I KNEW I shoulda made gone to this show! Blar.

counter